Friday, May 31, 2013

A new challenge

Tomorrow is June 1 and the beginning of a new challenge.  But, first a recap of the Love Your Greens challenge....

I found this to be not really a challenge and I'm kind of mad at myself for doing it.  I knew it was sort of lame when I started....after whole 30, eating some greens every day wasn't really a big deal.  And I already eat a lot of greens, so I didn't really need to add any.

Recipes were sent each day for a new smoothie to try and, quite honestly, most of them were pretty gross.  Some of them weren't even what I would consider a smoothie, but more just juice.  Drinking a green juice drink wasn't very filling, and I'm of the mindset that juice is NOT all that good for you.  It spikes your blood sugar and makes you hungrier.  I sort of made up my own concoctions and drank them sometimes, but mostly I just ate greens.

I don't feel any different than I did when I started the month, and I haven't increased the amount of greens I'm eating.  All in all, it was pretty much a bust of a challenge.  Oh well....live and learn!!

Tomorrow starts the No Social Media challenge.  I don't have Instagram and I don't ever use my Twitter account, so this will be mostly a Facebook and Pinterest fast.  I will continue to blog and check email, so if you want to leave a message for me on my blog or email me at helengjones88@gmail.com you can reach me that way.  I will be posting my thoughts on Facebook on July 1, so you can find me then.

Until we meet again on Facebook or you find me on Pinterest, I say to you.....Namaste....


No comments:

Post a Comment