Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 2 - No Social Media.....

It is day 2 of my no social media month and I'm thus far experiencing no withdrawal pangs and have not had the shakes or any other adverse effects.  Apparently there is life after Facebook.

Since I don't have Facebook to vent, I will start with my rant here....

It's REALLY cold again!  June 2, and I'm wearing layers and sitting under a blanket because it's so stinking cold!  Today is Ride the Drive in Madison, a Sunday when the city of Madison closes down many of the downtown streets and people can ride their bikes or run or whatever without fear of being hit by a car.  There are all kinds of music stages and other activities set up and it's really fun.  Lily and I were going to go, but I don't think it's warm enough.  Right now at almost 11 AM, it's 48 degrees.  And cloudy and windy.  Yuck....

One bad thing about no Facebook is that I am going to be missing birthdays.  Today is my sister-in-law's birthday and I'm going to have to email her...such a bother!  Hahahaha!!!  I know a few birthdays this month - like my BFF Monica - but I know I'll miss some and I'm sorry if I miss yours.

This is the last week of school.  I am so looking forward to not fighting with Lily every morning to get her up and ready.  I have a feeling she is going to get bored pretty quickly, though.  She is dancing and playing softball and taking piano lessons, and she has a writing camp in August, but she likes to be busy.  It's going to be a challenge to keep her engaged all summer.

I did some weeding yesterday, but it barely made a dent.  With all of the rain we've had, the weeds are going nuts.  And those awful helicopter seed pods are EVERYWHERE right now!  UGH!!!  I was hoping to get some more weeding done today.  I will have to dig out the long underwear if I'm going to spend any time outside, though.....

I just realized....I hope I don't need any of my recipes from Pinterest this month....

No comments:

Post a Comment