Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Day 5......and it continues to rain

Day 5 and I wish I could post onto FB how tired I am of rain.

It has rained, and rained, and rained this summer and I am so very, VERY tired of it!  Our days of sun AND warmth have been few and far between this spring/summer and I feel like we're in this never ending tunnel of cold, rainy, dark days.  Today is June 5 and our high is supposed to be 61.  Thank God I don't live in Seattle.

So what have I done instead of waste time on social media?  Well, yesterday I baked all day.  A friend gave me Amish Friendship Bread starter a while back and yesterday was bread baking day.  I had two starters going so I had four loaves of bread to bake.  My family loves that stuff; one loaf is almost gone already!!  Instead of four large loaves, I baked two large and four small loaves and sent two of the small loaves to Garry.  We have eaten enough of that stuff already.

I'm also baking cookies for the guys while Lily and I go to Raleigh, and to send to my dad for Father's Day.  I got a batch of chocolate chip baked yesterday and today I'm baking white chocolate macadamia nut and peanut butter.

I also made chicken noodle soup yesterday.  It's been soup kind of weather; I'm even considering some chili!!!

I'm listening to a book on CD while I'm baking and cooking and cleaning.  It's The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver, who is one of my favorite authors.  It's historical fiction about the US and Mexico in the 1930's and I'm completely engrossed in it. In a way, I'm sort of glad to be stuck at home because I have an excuse to be in and listen to my book.

I do keep receiving email reminders from FB about my friend's birthdays and about posts to groups that I'm part of.  I haven't read the post reminders because that feels like I'm checking FB.

Wouldn't it be great to be a cat?  Sleep, eat, sleep, eat all day.  Of course, I would want to be a cat in my house.  Or be a cat in my friends Monica's or Stacy's house.....we are all good cat parents.  Being a cat in one of our houses would be my dream life.

No comments:

Post a Comment