Sunday, May 5, 2013

Day 5, or Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!!

Does this mean I get tequila in my smoothie this morning?

The sun has made an appearance again, which means that I'm feeling energetic and ready to take on the day.  Friday was horrible - it only managed to get to 40 and rained all day.  I wanted to crawl into bed and not get out again.  I had to keep telling myself that at least it wasn't snowing here and that I should be counting my blessings that I wasn't living a couple of hours north where the snow was falling at the rate of an inch an hour.  Seriously.

I had a three day headache last week and felt like my insides were coming out yesterday.  I don't know if it's the smoothies or the weather or if I had a "bug" of some sort.  I feel much better today.  Hopefully if it was some sort of green smoothie detox and it's over and now I'll feel amazing and lose 10 pounds!

Yesterday's smoothie was disgusting.  The recipe called for water, greens, pineapple, ginger, the juice of half of a lime, and avocado.  I substituted coconut water because I thought it would need something more than just water for flavor.  The lime and ginger overpowered everything else and it was just gross.  Cilantro was supposed to be in it as the super food, but mine had gone bad so I didn't use it and I'm glad I didn't; I think that would have made it worse.  I did choke it down and vowed to never have that one again.

I have found that I'm not craving anything sweet with the smoothies.  I usually want a banana or some raisins or something, but I haven't since this started.  Other than that and the headache, I haven't noticed anything from drinking the green smoothies.

I also made Swiss chard for dinner last night.  I love Swiss chard; actually, I love cooked greens, so adding more into my diet isn't hard.  I would like to find some new ways to make them.  I even planted some collards in my garden, although I noticed this morning that the rabbits have chewed them down to nubs.  I need to get some fencing to put around the garden to keep those suckers out because I want to plant some chard and spinach, too.

As to the squats, yesterday was a rest day.  I can't remember how many I'm supposed to do today.  I rode my bike to yoga yesterday morning and my legs felt really strong, but I'm not sure that was from the squats or from spinning more or from running more.

Perhaps I'll save my smoothie for later and add a shot of tequila to celebrate the day.  It's beautiful, so I can enjoy it on my patio later.  While watching over my greens.


No comments:

Post a Comment