Thursday, May 16, 2013

Day 16 Greens times two and My Pintrest Addiction

Day 16

I had greens twice yesterday; once in my morning smoothie and then again for dinner last night.  I almost always use spinach in smoothies because it blends better and is sweeter than other greens, so that was in the smoothie.  Then I cooked kale for dinner last night using my favorite method and it was totally delish.....I would rather eat cooked greens than drink green smoothies any day!

Here is my basic recipe for kale and chard......

2 bunches of kale or chard, large stem removed and chopped  (I always use organic greens)
4 or so pieces of bacon, diced
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

Cook diced bacon in a large pan until beginning to crisp.  Add greens and cook until wilted.  Top with several shakes of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper.  Adjust seasonings according to your taste.

That's it!  Very simple and oh so good!  I have never tried other greens this way, but I suppose you could use them.  Cooking times would vary, and I know that kale and chard cook quickly, so I always use those.

I have pretty much been following my own smoothie recipes for this challenge because so many of the recipes I've been sent have been disgusting.  Either that or I have forgotten to get something at the store, so I just improvise.  I'm looking forward to the end of the month so I don't have to drink a green smoothie every day anymore and can go back to some eggs or paleo pancakes.

Can I just bore you for a moment with my Pintrest addiction?  OMG, why did I ever start visiting that site?  I probably have thousands of different everything pinned already!!  I have used some recipes that I found on there and a couple of craft ideas, but I probably will never get to everything I've pinned, and I just keep pinning.  I feel like I need a support group, or maybe TLC can do a show on Pintrest addictions and I can be first up.  I even pin really dumb things, like owl tattoos and pictures of wrinkled old people and memes with  Grumpy Cat. Maybe I will do a 30 day no Pintrest challenge, although I might need therapy after about two days.  I could probably spend an entire day just pinning crap and drinking tea and be completely satisfied.  How sad......

And thus far, green smoothies have had no affect on the Pintrest problem.  They do NOT solve everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment