Friday, April 5, 2013

The big 5-0.....

Fifty.  It's a middle age.  It's close to 60.  My kids are grown and moving away.  I don't need a minivan anymore.  I can no longer sport a hoodie with "Hollister" on it.

But it doesn't mean that life is over, that I stop growing and learning and creating.  It's a new beginning in many ways.  What can I do to celebrate this new decade of my life?  What big, major, exciting task can I accomplish to mark this time in my life?

While I was in the shower this morning, I had an idea.  It's a year leading up to my 50th birthday, so to mark the occasion, I am going to embark on a journey of change.  Every month, I will take on a new challenge...thirty days of something new.

I've already started this month with the Whole30 Challenge, a program to improve my diet, my relationship with food, my relationship with my body.  I started blogging about it on my other blog, but I will move those thoughts and experiences over to this one.  It's only day 5 of the program, so I don't have much catching up to do.

After this, I will take on 11 more challenges.  I know that one is to unplug from Facebook and other social media sites for a month.  I'm not sure about the other months.  I need suggestions.  Can you help me?  Give me some ideas of what I should do...what can I learn in a month, get rid of for a month, new fitness routine for a month.  The only guidelines are that it can't be illegal, it can't go against my religious beliefs, and it can't require me to leave my home.  (I do have a family and a job!)

I'm excited about the next year.  I'm excited to share it and to see where life takes me by my 50th birthday.  I plan on a big party to celebrate the day and all of the lessons I learn this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment