Saturday, April 27, 2013

Day 27 Is this the end?

Day 27  Only 3 days to go

I cannot believe how quickly these 27 days have flown by.  Yes, it's almost the end of the challenge, but really the beginning of something else.

First, new lesson learned this week; nuts are hard on  my digestion.  Katie challenged us this week to not eat nuts and limit fruit to one meal.  I accepted that challenge and it was going great until yesterday. I had not eaten breakfast yet as I was going to run and as I was getting dressed, my phone rang.  A friend had locked her keys in her car and was asking if I could get her spare set from her house and bring them to her in Cottage Grove, about 30 minutes from here.  Of course, if I can do something for someone, I'm going to do it, so I changed and got ready to leave.  But I was super hungry and knew that it would be a while before I could eat and I didn't have time to properly prepare something, so I grabbed a banana, slathered it with almond butter, and ran out the door.

I got home and was still hungry and didn't have time to run because I was meeting a friend for a yoga class downtown and then having lunch, so I ate some more nuts with some fruit.  Actually, I ate quite a few nuts.  And then I paid for it all day!!!  My stomach was churning and gurgling and making noises and giving me all kinds of discomfort.  So now I know that I must really limit the nuts.

But I never would have known that had Katie not offered that challenge and I hadn't tried.

Another lesson learned this month is that the grains and dairy I was eating before was leaving me bloated most of the time and having some severe digestion issues.  This new way of eating always gives me energy and leaves me feeling full, but not overly full and bloated and sleepy.

Even though the challenge is ending, it will NOT be the end of a healthy way of eating and my new relationship with food.  This is just the beginning....the beginning of many days of feeling healthy and fit and having the energy to do all of the things I want to do as I enter this new stage of my life.

PS - Oh, another thing - I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a long time yesterday at a yoga class.  She said to me, "Wow, you look so fit!"  That was the best compliment I have ever received!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment