Sunday, April 7, 2013

DAY 7!!!  One whole WEEK down!!

Wow!!!  It's been an incredible seven days on this challenge now and I am feeling really good today!!  It's sunny, which is a tremendous help, and I got nearly nine hours of sleep last night, which NEVER happens.  I'm not cranky or hungry or shaky this morning, and  I seem to have quite a bit of energy.

Yesterday was the first yoga/meditation class that is part of this challenge.  The lovely miss Katie Hill (http://www.katie-hill.com) our fabulous coach and constant cheerleader, led us through a series of sun salutations, poses, and lots of twists that felt so good in that hot room.  Some of the group had never been to a yoga class before and some had never been to a hot yoga class before.  They all did such a great job and really hung it....it was awesome!!!

After class we had a time of sharing and asking questions and giving tips.  It was so nice to hear the other runners in the room talk about how difficult it had been for them to run last week.  All of us had the same experience....that "my legs are like lead" feeling.  One person said that he went out for a 4 mile run and had to walk most of it.

So after some coffee and reading the paper, I decided that I would try another short run this morning.  It was great!  I didn't feel as though I was running through mud and made my 3 miles in good shape and good time.  I may actually make that half marathon next month.

I have steaks out defrosting for dinner tonight.  Because it's finally fairly warm AND this is the only nice day we are supposed to have this week, we are going to grill out!!!  I also plan on doing some cooking prep for the week.  I've got my menu planned and my food in the fridge.....time to chop and do some cooking.

Because it was a late morning, I had brunch around 11.  I made a scramble with onion, leftover spaghetti squash, spinach, a chicken sausage, and eggs.  I added some salt and pepper and a little marjoram and thyme.  It was delicious!!!  Mr. Helen had a bite and said it was great, but I didn't share...hahaha!!  There were some berries about to go bad in the fridge, so I had those and some coffee.  Very good and filling!!! 

Lily had a friend spend the night and they wanted donuts this morning.  That box sitting there hasn't even tempted me, and I do LOVE donuts.  Actually, the only thing that is tempting me right now is bananas.  I want to eat an entire bunch.  How boring is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment